The BSA - Finance
will be a key member of our expanding Information Systems Team, which is accountable for all system analyst activities for the Classic Division globally.
The BSA - Finance
position is part of the Classic Division Information Systems team. The incumbent engages directly with business users, process owners and management alongside IT/IS team interfaces. This role is responsible for managing business process changes, functional specifications, configuration, testing, user manuals and training documentation and for providing business consultancy, change leadership and second level system support in the areas of General Ledger, AP, AR, Fixed Assets, Product costing, cost center accounting, profit center accounting and Profitability Analysis focusing on JD Edwards EnterpriseOne.
This role is based in Concord, ON but will have responsibilities for locations in Canada, the US, Mexico and Europe with travel requirements ranging from 10-25%.
Business and Technical Skills
- BSA’s provide consulting support within their functional area of expertise while actively seeking ways to apply system technology to business processes. This includes research and identification of enabling functionality based on customer requirements. Incumbents in this position are challenged to develop and maintain credibility and effective working relations with leadership, business users, process owners and fellow team members in a way that demonstrates an understanding of business problems, as well as IT/IS strategies, issues, and priorities.
- Facilitate development of solutions that combine knowledge of particular business processes and issues, technological options, and process facilitation techniques.
- Advise on options, risks, resource requirements, and impact on other business processes and system priorities.
- Forge relationships with the business. Communicate well and clearly, taking the time to understand user feedback and incorporate into recommendations and requirements
- Demonstrate leadership, flexibility and the ability to lead Power Users and effectively interface with various Finance managers. Consistently achieving consensus is a key attribute of the successful BSA - Finance
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, administration or business related major
- 5+ years of experience in an JD Edwards EnterpriseOne ERP environment with significant hands-on business experience working in the accounting/finance field
- Experience with acquisitions, full life cycle implementation and project management
- 3+ years of experience in a consumer packaged goods manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years of functional analyst experience in JD Edwards EnterpriseOne General Ledger, AP, AR, Fixed Assets, Product costing, cost center accounting, profit center accounting and Profitability Analysis
- 5+ years of experience in the process design, configuration, support and trouble-shooting of functional areas listed above
- Significant experience in data conversions and master data management
- experience defining, testing and trouble-shooting JD Edwards EnterpriseOne to 3rdparty system data interfaces
- Organized and task oriented. Ability to work on multiple initiatives and projects concurrently ensuring that timelines are balanced with resource constraints and resulting deadlines are met
- Previous experience in business process re-engineering or process improvement, involving broad based information systems and utilizing advanced tools and techniques to effect business change
To be eligible for this position, candidates must be a Canadian Citizen or Canadian Permanent Resident. No sponsorship or Visas are available at this time. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates that meet the essential requirements will be contacted for an interview.
- Solid technical knowledge and ability to express complex technical concepts in terms that are understandable to the business
- Ability to understand the business needs and convert into clear and detailed requirements and specifications
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including technical writing and developing business presentations and power user training materials
- Ability to solve problems spanning multiple environments in a business area
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all management levels and end user levels
- Demonstrated competency in project planning and delivery
- Ability to thrive in a somewhat unstructured hands on environment that demands a consultative approach and solutions that span multiple inputs and competing requirements