Our client is seeking a Security Information and Event Management // Sécurité de l'information et gestion des événements de sécurité informatique consultant to join their team on a PERM basis.Responsibilities
The candidate must demonstrate strong technical qualities - preferably in a global environment, ideally within the finance industry.
- Evaluate, architect, integrate and deploy Event Monitoring platforms based on requirements from incident response teams and other clients.
- Onboard new log sources, with log analysis and parsing to enable SIEM correlation.
- Maintain security infrastructure, providing stability by following and using the tools, policies, processes and procedures available
- Provide reporting and metrics
- Provide consultancy services to other IT Security teams
- Create, review, maintain and update documentation in central knowledge base
- Work with global colleagues to provide globally consistent processes and solutions.
- Investigate & Troubleshoot root causes when escalated from operations.
- Escalate and liaise with additional internal/external groups when required.
- 5 years minimum in a similar role
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science
- Prior experience engineering and deploying SIEM solutions in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with one or more of Splunk, ArcSight ESM, IBM QRadar, RSA Security Analytics (NetWitness).
- Scripting and development skills (Perl, Python, Java, C#) with strong knowledge of regular expressions.
- Linux Sysadmin experience
- Interpersonal skills - Communication, flexibility, self-driven, team player
- Strong project management skills
- Strong general networking and security knowledge (Firewalls, Routing, DNS, NAT, packet trace and analysis, etc.)
- Database and “Big Data” knowledge – SQL, Hadoop, HIVE
- Knowledge of indicators of compromise (IOC) of systems and applications
- Familiarity with key security events on common platforms
- Industry Certifications such as CISSP, SANS etc.
To be eligible for the positions above, candidates must be a Canadian Citizen or Canadian Permanent Residents. No sponsorship or Visas are available at this time.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates that meet the essential requirements will be contacted for an interview.