Our client is seeking a Business Intelligence Programmer/Analyst BI to join their team on a fulltime permanent basis.
Reporting to the Director, IT Development, the Business Intelligence Programmer/Analyst will be responsible for performing tasks related to the development and maintenance of the Company’s business intelligence (BI) solutions. He or she will work on BI solutions designed to increase the productivity of transportation, warehousing, mechanical maintenance, administrative and other services. The BI Programmer/Analyst will also serve as a data management specialist.
Your responsibilities will be as follows:
- Analyze users’ BI-related needs and translate them into actionable technical specifications
- Analyze the impacts of changes to database schemas for the data warehouse, ETL processes, multidimensional databases and reports
- Design, test, implement, support, maintain and debug BI solutions
- Analyze impacts arising from changes to IT applications
- Participate in computer system deployment
- Deliver user support
- Provide assistance for the Company’s activities
- Prepare the necessary documentation (coding, helpdesk enquiries, memos to programmers and users)
- Play an advisory role with regard to BI solutions
- Contribute to continuous improvement
- Keep track of the latest technological developments
- Carry out various projects, as assigned by his or her supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of T-SQL (stored procedures and complex queries)
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, Reporting Services and SAP Business Objects
- Fluency in French and English
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to understand requirements
- Analytical mindset
- Flexibility in organizing tasks and managing priorities
- Ability to adapt to change
To be eligible for the positions above, candidates must be a Canadian Citizen or Canadian Permanent Residents. No sponsorship or Visas are available at this time.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates that meet the essential requirements will be contacted for an interview.