This is a Full-Time, Contract position.
Reporting to the Site Head, Communications, the Communications Coordinator is responsible for developing and managing communications and multi-media activities that support Client’s business and site’s objective. With experience in both internal and external communications, the Communications Coordinator will create, produce and execute a variety of written content with supporting multi-media assets (e.g. graphics, power point slide decks, digital signage, videos etc.)
Distribution of Work:
60% - coordinate a variety of internal communication pieces (stories, Yammer posts, messages from leadership etc.) covering a variety of site-related activities while also developing any necessary supporting visuals, videos, graphics and digital signage.
20% - support the Site Head, Communications by coordinating and organizing virtual events (Town Halls, Fireside Chats etc.) while liaising with service partners to ensure seamless execution (e.g. IT, external graphic agency etc.).
10% - own the management and content updating on internal employee-facing platforms (e.g. Yammer, intranet, digital signage)
5% - participate and support annual cause-related activities across a complex site and business (e.g. safety, charitable, neighbourhood outreach etc.) for Client and to enhance the organizations reputation among employees and external stakeholders.
5% - other duties as assigned to support the Vaccines network and/or Canada-wide communications.
- Write internal communications for a variety of channels, including e-newsletter articles, intranet updates, presentations, and announcements.
- Own the bi-weekly coordination, content plan and dissemination of the Site-wide e-newsletter.
- Develop creative and unique initiatives, update and content manage Client’s key employee-facing internal outlets (e.g. intranet, Yammer communities and digital signage)
- Create and send internal email communications and outlook invitations site-wide
- Liaise with external graphic design agency to create and produce site-related needs (e.g. indoor/outdoor signage and visual items)
- Support the project management, materials development and execution of large internal communications events such as town halls and global webcasts.
- Measure the impact of communication efforts post-implementation and adjust as necessary (e.g. wrap reports for Town Halls, Fireside Chats etc.)
- Adhere to brand standards and ensure consistent brand voice across the greater organization.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships across the site, business and support functions in a complex, global organization.
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-graduate degree in public relations or communications.
- 2-4 years of communications experience in both internal and external.
- Track record of planning and executing multi-media support content (e.g. ppt slides, digital signage, videos, graphics etc.)
- Superior writing and editing skills across a variety of channels for varied audiences.
- Adept at working collaboratively across departments on identified priorities.
- Ability to educate and influence others on communications best practices.
- Strong ability in analysis and problem solving.
- Detail oriented, able to manage multiple deadlines and manage projects efficiently.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Confident and competent with graphic design, video creation and editing with a keen eye for design and layout best practices.
- Bilingualism (French/English) an asset.
- Experience in health care industry preferred.
Job Type: Temp Employee Contract 1 year