Reporting to the Sr. Manager, HR Solutions, the Sr. Functional Analyst, SAP-HR participate in designing and implementing changes to optimize business processes. More specifically your tasks will mainly be dedicated to payroll systems optimization and support to payroll operations.
- Propose technical and functional solutions, including payroll system configurations with reference to the requirements analysis within the payroll sector;
- Participate to the optimization of the work processes, methods, and procedures linked to IT applications (payroll, time management, related interfaces);
- Consult with managers, business analysts, subject matter experts, system super users, and end users concerning business needs and Human Capital Management (HCM) solutions. Benchmark industry, vendor, association, and other agencies concerning best practices;
- Recommend system and business process changes to maintain or to increase data integrity;
- Provide expertise on system configuration and functionality for upgrades, maintenance, and enhancements;
- Monitor and apply regulatory and legal changes that affect business processes and system functionality;
- Research, analyze, apply and test system support packages regularly to assure updated functionality;
- Identify proactively integration issues and impacts from payroll application change requests to finalizing design requirements (if needed emit such requests);
- Coordinate HCM functionality with other technology groups, such as web, applications, etc.;
- Design and configure HCM system functionality. Develop and design testing. Test new and changed functionalities. Identify and solve problems. Recommend solutions, and coordinate strategy to manage conflicts with business analyst. Document configuration design and test results;
- Collaborate with implementation consultants and vendors to install new modules or to test and to configure new system releases;
- Identify new payroll end user secure roles. Test roles;
- Participate, occasionally, in the various training activities of the users;
- Participate in implementation or integration projects of payroll systems to a SAP HR payroll system;
- Participate in the integration and prioritization of support requests in accordance with clients’ business objectives;
- When there is no ongoing payroll project, the following activities apply as regular tasks
- Monitor and apply law and regulation’s changes that affects business processes as well as system functionality;
- Research, analyze and implement regulation’s updates that affects business processes as well as system functionality (Support Pack);
- Participate to the integration and prioritization of support requests linked to the payroll business objectives.
- You are recognized as a person who has communication and analytical skills and has a facility to document incidents and change requests;
- You are able to propose innovative solutions and resolve problems in a complex environment.Professional Experience/Qualifications
- You hold a College degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent;
- You have a minimum of 8 years of experience in design and configuration of SAP HR module and in-depth understanding of configuration tools;
- You have a minimum of 2 years of experience in design and configuration of Kronos and SAP (CATS) time management modules;
- You have a minimum of 4 years of experience specific to the payroll sector and to time management;
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience in the Human Resources sector;
- Knowledge of SAP design and configuration (PY), (OM), (PA), (BN), (PN), (FI), ESS and MSS an asset;
- Knowledge of a Canadian and US payroll system is an asset;
- Lastly, this position requires, on occasion, availability outside regular business hours.
To be eligible for this position, candidates must be a Canadian Citizen or Canadian Permanent Resident. No sponsorship or Visas are available at this time. No overseas Applications or Sponsorship at this time. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates that meet the essential requirements will be contacted for an interview.
- A downtown location (Place-des-Arts metro);
- A modern and spacious environment;
- A flexible insurance plan (life, medical, dental);
- An employee assistance program;
- A childcare center on location;
- Competitive compensation, including annual bonus plan;
- A pension plan with matching company contributions;
- Employer-paid development and continuing education.